2.03.2010

A comparison of my sweet little darlings...

I checked the doctor's print outs for Gabe's growth and development and compared his stats to her stats.




Here is Gabe about two weeks away from 8 months:





And here is Hannah, now, about two weeks from 8 months. The p.j.'s are quite a bit baggier (real word?) on her, but the length is about the same on both of them. Also, Hannah has long skinny feet, whereas Gabe has always and still has wide, fat and long feet.






A shot of them on their bellies:




So far their personalities seem to differ quite a bit. Gabe has always been very expressive and vocal, and he commands the center of attention at all times. Hannah is very quiet for the most part except for an occasional outburst of screeches and trilly girly noises. Only when she becomes very bored and is stuck in her jumperoo or walker (which she can't walk in yet) does she start yelling her consonants (bababa, dadada, mamama, etc.) in an attempt to communicate to me that I need to let her free. She likes to roam about and go from toy to toy putting each new thing in her mouth for a while until she becomes bored with it and moves on to the next toy. Gabe liked to play with toys too at that age, but was more interested in interacting with me. He wanted to be in my lap cuddling or reading a book, or if he was on the floor he wanted me right next to him playing with him and his toys and didn't show very much interest in going anywhere. He was almost always making some sort of noise whether it was his consonants, rambling gibberish, or mimicking my singing in his little baby way. That hasn't changed about him. And he's learning new words all the time. What's funny to me is that when he has a lot to say but doesn't know all the words yet, he just talks in gibberish mimicking the pauses and tones and even facial expressions and hand motions of regular speaking. He makes me laugh a lot. Their differences make them unique, and most importantly, they are both uniquely mine. I love my babies!

No comments: